Sunday 23 April 2017

Flipped introduction



Laura Garrido
Picture by Laura Garrido

Let me introduce you to Laura  Garrido. She is a pre-primary teacher who is studying a masters degree in Bilingual Education at Rey Juan Carlos College.  Do you want to know more about her? I have recorded a video interview! Here you go the video: 




PROCEDURE

I have learnt a lot of things about Laura. Now, it is time to explain how I did the 3,2,1 introduction:
- First, Laura and me created an online-shared text file in Google Drive. There, we wrote at the same time some possible questions for our interviews. In this case we did a 3,2,1 introduction which structure is: 

- 3 things you should know about your interviewee. 
- 2 of his favorite activities in the world. 
- 1 dream occupation he would have if he was not blah blah blah.

Also, you can include other details he is willing to provide, for example future plans on his educational career, dreams.

- Secondly,  we recorded the video using our laptop camera and  the Photo Booth App.

- Thirdly, I edited the video using the iMovie app because you can create and edit beautiful videos without being an expert in technology. Furthermore, it is included for free in Apple devices. In the case you do not have one, Windows offers you Movie Maker. 

 - Finally, I have to tell you that my pictures are from Pixiebay. In this webpage you can find pictures with no copyright.  

 REFLECTION

These kind of activities are a great opportunity to socialize and break the ice. Besides, they help you to know better you classmates at the begging of the term.  In my case,  I have learnt a lot of new things about Laura and at the same time,  I am sure that the rest of my classmates are going to do it too. This is the magic of blog sites, everything can be shared it. 

Moreover, I have used for the first time some applications that are installed by default in my laptop. I recommend to explore all the applications because it seems that we are afraid of trying new things. To my surprise, I was able to create a video without problem. iMovie is really intuitive and it has a wide variety of resources to improve the visual appearance of your videos. 

Lastly, I want to recommend you to pair up your students at random as María Jesús García did it. In this case, she ordered us through the size of our shoes. It was quick and simple. 

I hope you find useful my post and in the case you have any doubt you can ask me in a comment or  via twitter


  

No comments:

Post a Comment